Saturday, June 24, 2006

Final stages of the gorilla.




Three shots showing the final stages of the gorilla. I've included one of my pastel studio to show the layout of how I worked when doing this painting. You will notice that I took the gorilla to a level where I knew he was going to be a success, I then switched to the hard work of getting all the foliage correct, (including the butterflys that I photographed in Zaire precisely for such a painting), and then finished off the gorilla to complete the work.

This painting is now available as special limited edition print, if you're interested please click HERE to contact me.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 pm , Blogger Karin said...

I have seen that original painting and is fantastic!. I love the gorilla's face and the butterflies that transport you to the scene...green hot jungle!
:o)

 
At 3:40 am , Blogger Cristina said...

Eric: ...Desde este lado del mundo y desde esta pequeña ciudad, no nos hemos cansado de deleitarnos con tu Gorila marvilloso, estamos impresionadísismos de verdad con tu trabajo, a veces parece que estuvieramos viendo uan fantasía... No sabes lo que nos gustaría ver algún día tus pinturas en vivo y en directo... Felicitaciones y mucha suerte.
Cristina y Raúl
La Serena, Chile

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home