Friday, June 23, 2006

Step by step gorilla.





I haven't got a lot of time to write at the moment, as I have three oil paintings to finish by 7th july which for me is a very tight deadline.

I thought I'd add the first of the gorilla series though, to show how I tackle a complex painting in pastels. I preferred to go 'bit by bit' with this one doing a little area each day. That way I could feel a reward after each days work. I sometimes find it hard doing a complex painting where I develop the whole thing gradually, because it takes so long before it starts to look good and there's a danger of losing one's attention.

I sometimes vary my approach to each new painting to help maintain my concentration levels.

1 Comments:

At 12:49 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

splendide, magnifique, j'adore.
Sophie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home