Monday, September 04, 2006

Steve Irwin - An inspirational man.


I haven't posted for a while, as I've been busy working on a large landscape painting, but todays awful news has made it difficult for me to concentrate and so I thought I'd express my feelings on here instead.

Steve Irwin was a hugely inspirational man, I loved his wildlife documentries and was always impressed and inspired by the genuine love he exuded for the animals he worked with. I would watch his programmes with my children and marvel at the way he captured their imaginations and opened their eyes to the beauty and wonder of the natural world. He was infectious in the most positive way and in a world of negative influences he is one person we could not afford to lose. His passion for nature was equalled only by his passion for life itself that positively radiated from our screens. To watch him was invigorating.

Steve Irwin brought so much good to this world, inspired so many people, and did so much desperately needed work for conservation. He was a treasure not only for Australia but for the whole world and his death is an absolute tragedy. My heartfelt sympathies go out to his wife and family. The only comfort is that Steve died doing what he loved and was blissfully happy right up until the moment of his death. How many of us will be able to say the same when our moment comes? How many of us have lived so well? This man really lived, he had passion, energy and the courage to take life by the horns and live it exactly as he wanted to.

Inspirational even in death, Steve Irwin, what a beautiful life. It is we who are left behind that are the losers. You will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

Crocs rule!

3 Comments:

At 3:50 pm , Blogger Karin said...

What a big loss!
I understand your admiration for this guy and believe me, he's still 'alive' for everyone.

You're also a very inspirational man, for me and for many other people, no doubt!.

I love you! :o)

 
At 8:10 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad =]] Jasmiine here!

i was bored so i decided to come on here =]]

Steve Irwin is the bestest!!! ='[[ so sad hes gone!

 
At 1:52 am , Blogger Catbus said...

Hello Eric. I remember reading these words from you over a year ago. I remember how you seemed to touch my heart with sincerity and truly expressing your feelings about Steve. Your words so connected to my thoughts and feelings too. It is nice to go back and read this again. It speaks volumes about Steve Irwin, and you as well. Well said!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home